February 26, 2022
Onnow at GP Accelerator Batch – 7
Grameenphone has onboarded the Batch – 7 of its signature national Digital Bangladesh Award-winning startup development initiative, ‘GP Accelerator.’ In this regard, a virtual event was held to launch the country’s first growth-focused accelerator program on February 10, 2022, with a mission to ensure 10X growth potential for startups. Mustafa Jabbar, Honorable Minister, Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications Division, was present as the Chief Guest.
Among other respected attendees were Grameenphone, CEO, Yasir Azman and distinguished guests from the startup ecosystem, media, mentors, and investors. This year the GP Accelerator curriculum has been designed to emphasise growth, going global and business expansion with three investment partners, IDLC, Anchorless, Bangladesh Angel Network, to equip the startups to secure international funds.
The selected start-ups are:
- Airwrk, an invite-only global talent marketplace for Bangladeshi software developers with integrated payment systems;
- Game of 11, a fantasy gaming platform;
- iPage, a startup democratising value-added data to the farmers and FMCGs for a higher return using machine learning, data science, and ai;
- Lilac, a holistic digital wellness platform for women’s health and hygiene;
- Onethread, a project management solution, and
- Onnow, an internet restaurant platform that aims to empower over 600,000 SME restaurants in emerging markets.
GP Accelerator has completed 6 cohorts with 44 startups, creating 5 lakh jobs across the nation. Grameenphone has contributed BDT 142 million direct cash through this streak of initiatives, providing total support to each team worth approximately BDT 6.5 million. It has been a patron of possibilities, backing startups like Sheba XYZ, CMED Health and Parkingkoi to surpass the USD 5 million valuation mark. Among its other reputed alumni startups are Dhakacast, Cramstack, and Doctorkoi.